Child Custody Lawyer 60606
When it comes to child custody, there are countless issues that can arise. It can be a complicated, emotional, and stressful time for all parties involved. It often involves making one of the most important and difficult decisions of their life – deciding what is best for a child. In the midst of these issues, parents often find themselves in need of legal representation. This is where a child custody lawyer in the 60606 area can be instrumental in achieving a positive outcome. Let’s explore some common issues with child custody and how hiring a lawyer can help.
- Parents disagree on child custody arrangements: Disagreements between parents on child custody arrangements can take different forms. For example, one parent may be insisting on sole custody while the other may be pushing for joint custody. In cases like these, a child custody lawyer in 60606 can help parents come to a mutually agreeable solution. An experienced lawyer can mediate in discussions, negotiations and court proceedings (if necessary). They have the knowledge and know-how to guide clients through the legal process and help them achieve an outcome in the best interests of the child.
- Non-parental custody: A parent may not be adequately parenting a child, or they cannot for some reason, and this is where non-parental custody comes into play. Non-parental custody is when a person (for example, grandparents, aunts, uncles, step-parents) seeks to be granted legal custody over a child who they believe is better off with them than with their parent. An experienced child custody lawyer in 60606 can help non-parental parties obtain custody over a child who is not theirs biologically.
- Relocation: After a divorce, change becomes constant, and this often means relocation. Parents may want to move away to be closer to family or new job opportunities, and this can cause contention between the two parties when it comes to the welfare of a child. A lawyer can help resolve these disputes and provide guidance on state laws that may put restrictions on a parent’s ability to move a child. Additionally, a child custody lawyer in 60606 can help with petitions to adjust visitation or custody arrangements to accommodate long-distance parenting schedules.
- Parental alienation: This is a situation where one parent manipulates or brainwashes their child against the other parent. The affected parent may feel powerless, distressed and in need of a strong advocate. A child custody lawyer in 60606 can help combat this situation and make sure that the child’s best interests are at the forefront. A lawyer can work to prove the other party’s actions and implement legal steps to protect visitation and custody rights.
- Legal help with Parenting Plan: A Parenting Plan is a written agreement between parents that stipulates the terms and conditions of the child’s custody, visitation, and financial responsibilities. If both parties cannot come to an agreement, a child custody lawyer in 60606 can be helpful. They can assist parents in creating a parenting plan that will be beneficial and workable for both parties.
Contact a Child Custody Lawyer in 60606
As a parent, you want nothing but the best for your child. However, disputes between parties can make navigating child custody difficult. A child custody lawyer in 60606 with experience in family law can help ensure that your rights are protected and that the legal system works for you to make the best decision for your child’s welfare. So if you are struggling with any of these common child custody issues, reach out to Hammer Serna & Quinn, LLC, and take the first step toward resolution.